Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD repetier limit?
I wonder if there is a limit as how many programs can be stored on an sd card when running repetier firmware. The reason I ask is because I had 5 or 6 programs on my sd card, then I added another program and I could not get the new program to run even though it showed up on the LCD screen. So I deleted some of the programs on the sd card and now I can run the new program with only 4 programs on the SD card. Any ideas?
I've only upload 1 or 2 files on the sd card at a time and deleted as I finished, so I haven't had the issue. Maybe your files go over the 4gig limit of the card.

Maybe you should buy an 8gig sd card and see if the issue persists. Might be the only way to know.

Please let us know if it works as I've never used a different card on it either.
I would like to know if it will recognize a 64 gig card. I know that some operating systems in the past would not recognize large hard drives, Hopefully this is not the case with the stock firmware.
I'll have to do some more testing to see but I'm sure I could not have filled my 4 gig card. I have other printers and have had over 10 programs on their cards and had plenty of room for more. Maybe it needs to be reformatted or something.

Edit: I just checked my sd card file sizes and nothing is larger than 2,050kb and some as small as 86kb. At that size I should be able to fit 2000 or more programs on that card with no problem if my quick math is right. Seems there would be no need for cards larger than 2 or 4 gig. You wouldn't want to page through them all to find what you are looking for.
Quote:I would like to know if it will recognize a 64 gig card. I know that some operating systems in the past would not recognize large hard drives, Hopefully this is not the case with the stock firmware.

Standard SD and SDHC cards use FAT32 which has a limit of 32GB.
SDXC cards use exFAT and allow up to 2TB.

I don't expect the Adrino to recognize exFAT so your limit is probably 32G.