Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filament not Working Right
So I just got my first roll of 3rd party filament, and I have had nothing but problems. The edges of the model are peeling up, nit overhangs, but the corners and such. It sticks to the bed fine, and the extruder is at 220c, but it is still not working. I am on firmware 1.1.G and am using slic3r for all of my prints.

MODERATOR EDIT: Sorry, out of respect for Oliver for providing this forum, ONLY Voltivo and XYZ filament are to be mentioned by name. Thanks!
You might try:
1) with and without glue
2) higher/lower bed temperature
3) higher/lower extruder temperature
4) in slicer, drastically slow down the 1st few layers
5) Mixes of 1,2,3, and 4.

I had a purple that needed (I think) 230 extruder, 95 bed, and NO glue. It would act like the glue was lube and slide right off the bed!

Kieth
I ended up just returning the filament to the store as it really didm;t look white either. I ended up buying some other stuff on Amazon for all of the good reviews. I tried to buy some from Voltivo, but I could not find any store in the US that sells it and there are no links for North America on the main website.
Hi Jarod,

ExcelFil will be retailing in the US very soon (Beginning of August). I would love for you to give our ABS a try.
In our tests we have not experienced any warping issues at 90 C and a thin layer of glue stick.

best regards,

Oliver.
Quote:Hi Jarod,

ExcelFil will be retailing in the US very soon (Beginning of August). I would love for you to give our ABS a try.
In our tests we have not experienced any warping issues at 90 C and a thin layer of glue stick.

best regards,

Oliver.
Ok, I will give it a try. I will be ordering the Da Vinci 2.0 which also comes out in August so hopefully I can order them both at once.