Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater Cartridge specs
Can anyone post the specs on the stock DaVinci heater cartridge in the extruder? I want to get a replacement but have no idea if it is the 40w, 60w, etc version of the J cartridge or if I could use the double wire heater resistor.
Stock is 12v, 35w, 6mm x 20mm.
I cant seem to find a 35w. I can find 40w and 30w at that size. Any source for the 35w?
Unfortunately I never found one when mine burnt out. I ended up purchasing a 12v 40w 6mm x 20mm one on amazon which works fine and heats up faster. Though I do recommend replacing the connector like recommended by someone in this forum. Good luck.
Ok, thanks for the advice. I just bought a pack of 5 on ebay of the 40w.
While I am at it, any idea on the thermistor? I can see that as the next thing I break as its wires are right near where the wire brush cleans the hotend at.
I also am looking at the hotbed as a possible gutting and replacing with one of the red ones that we know works well as I saw some traffic about how the current hot bed lacks a uniformity of heating on it.
No problem. Sorry, didn't see this.

Thermistor is 1.25mm 100k thermistor.
Quote:Ok, thanks for the advice. I just bought a pack of 5 on ebay of the 40w.
While I am at it, any idea on the thermistor? I can see that as the next thing I break as its wires are right near where the wire brush cleans the hotend at.
I also am looking at the hotbed as a possible gutting and replacing with one of the red ones that we know works well as I saw some traffic about how the current hot bed lacks a uniformity of heating on it.
which 40W 5 pack did you get exactly on ebay?
I bought these:
5 Pack 40w heaters
They look like the right size and the delivery was fairly fast.
How do you go about getting the thermistor out of the nozzle?
Quote:How do you go about getting the thermistor out of the nozzle?

remove the screw on the nozzle
Do you guys know how to remove the whole heater cartridge? I need to replace the thermistor and the only way to get to it is to remove the cartridge first.
undo the set screw in the back of the hot end. I believe that it is a little hex screw.