Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft brick after flashing firmware
I followed the instructions to flash the firmware using the bin provided by bgm and using the older XYZware. Now I have a blank screen with 2 lines of black and it windows will not recognize the device (unknown device) to flash the old firmware using the bossac method. Any ideas what I can do to resolve this? Thanks. I tried forcing the system use the arduino drivers, but it gives an error "the folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device".
Caution: when the printer is in the state you described the heaters or steppers may be on and may overheat. Make sure to check things, and don't let it go wild for very long.

Under device manager what is the printer identified as? If it says bossa then either bossa, arduino, or sam-ba should flash the chip. (One of them, not necessarily all of them, should work.) It's also possible you need to reset the chip as described in flaking the custom firmware.

Kieth
Thanks Kieth,

It says it is an unknown device and would not show bossa, arduino, or sam-ba as the hardware id listed the port as USB\UNKNOWN

What I ended up doing was modifying the arduino.inf and adding that as a hardware id and rebooting the printer. It ended up seeing it and I was able to flash to stock rom.

Going to try flashing it again to repetier since I am back to stock.
please make sure you are using the latest arduino IDE and have the sam-ba drivers installed.

He is also correct in the need to erase the chip (well not "need" but easy to do) to flash with with the bossa.
Question 
I really need help I tried flashing my printer which it ended badly it wont even hook up to the computer and I don't know what to do......
(04-03-2016, 06:10 PM)RJWARN3R Wrote: I really need help I tried flashing my printer which it ended badly it wont even hook up to the computer and I don't know what to do......

Did you get your issue resolved?

Kieth
(04-03-2016, 06:10 PM)RJWARN3R Wrote: I really need help I tried flashing my printer which it ended badly it wont even hook up to the computer and I don't know what to do......

Please search the forum. There have been lots of posts about this in the past and I am sure your issue is covered, but if not please start a new thread so more people will see it.

Regards,
Kieth
I am stuck
I have 3s10a board in my aio
and I made mistake of up upgrading firmware
so I shorted pins got 2 black lines then
went throught as
per fr333n3rgy put on internet
everthing went on but it did not
reset instead black bars and
now cant find usb port com4
anymore on laptop just noise