Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do the 3 buttons on the back on the inside do?
What do the 3 buttons on the back on the inside of the Da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer do?
See attached picture of inside back cover, and main board.[Image: 20140510_0758521.jpg]
Buttons from left to right:
SW3 - FWUP - Force Wake-up Input
SW2 - NRSTB - Asynchronous Microcontroller Reset
SW1 - NRST - Microcontroller Reset

Jumper JP1 underneath - ERASE - Flash and NVM Configuration Bits Erase
Theres a reason I only warned people about pressing the buttons without telling them what they do. If you reset and erase the serial number of the machine good luck getting warranty if something fails that it has to be sent back...

Wink

Kieth
To restore your serial number just send the following command over the usb serial connection:
DAVSSN_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
replace the X's with your 18 digit serial number (the first 5 characters will be set to 3DP01 in any case).

To check your serial number send the "XYZ_@3D:0" command.

You can also use commands:
DAVLED_1 and DAVLED_0 to turn the inside light on and off,
DAVHOM to park the motors,
DAVBUZ_1 to beep, replace 1 with a bigger decimal for longer beeps.
Actually there are more than 60 of those DAVXXX commands, but some of them are quite dangerous, like DAVEEP which could wipe your cartridge chip.

I only tested on FW 1.1.I.
That's awesome, I didn't know.

Can you list all of the commands you are aware of?

Kieth
I would love to know the other commands, even if I won't do much with them.
Would you be interested in starting up a dedicated thread for serial commands, and maybe we could make it a sticky?

And I think if you include something like "I won't be responsible for your printer blowing up/your wife divorcing you/the next apocalypse" warning at the beginning of your post, it should be fine.

Now I'm really curious about the DAVEEP command.

Maybe there is something similar that can write the cartridge eeprom? Possibly an auto-resetter? Smile
In order to keep the post on topic, I have started a new thread to discuss the DAV commands.
Please continue the DAV discussion here: https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=7974

Kieth
Quote:Buttons from left to right:
SW3 - FWUP - Force Wake-up Input
SW2 - NRSTB - Asynchronous Microcontroller Reset
SW1 - NRST - Microcontroller Reset

Jumper JP1 underneath - ERASE - Flash and NVM Configuration Bits Erase

I understand what JP1 does, but what does pushing either of the 3 buttons do exactly? Thanks
From the Atmel docs:

6.4 NRST Pin
The NRST pin is bidirectional. It is handled by the on-chip reset controller and can be driven low to provide a reset signal to the external components, or asserted low externally to reset the microcontroller. It will reset the Core and the peripherals except the Backup region (RTC, RTT and Supply Controller). There is no constraint on the length of the reset pulse, and the reset controller can guarantee a minimum pulse length. The NRST pin integrates a permanent pull-up resistor to VDDIO of about 100 k.

6.5 NRSTB Pin
The NRSTB pin is input only and enables asynchronous reset of the SAM3X/A series when asserted low. The NRSTB pin integrates a permanent pull-up resistor of about 15 k. This allows connection of a simple push button on the NRSTB pin as a system-user reset. In all modes, this pin will reset the chip including the Backup region (RTC, RTT and Supply Controller). It reacts as the Power-on reset. It can be used as an external system reset source. In harsh environments, it is recommended to add an external capacitor (10 nF) between NRSTB and VDDBU. (For filtering values, refer to “I/O characteristics” in the “Electrical Characteristics” section of the product datasheet). It embeds an anti-glitch filter.
If I kill it, then I never intended to return it. That is if I ever get one.