Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I bricked my Da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer upgrading firmware
OK, Im an F'in ARTARD.....
"
I was putting the files I needed in C:\ like I've seen instructed...When I pull up CMD prompt and use the cmd's "C:\bossac.exe --port=COM8 -U true -e -w -v -b firmware.bin -R" I was getting the issues of SAM-BA operation failed.

After staring at the screen for 2hrs, I noticed my CMD prompt put me in "C:\Users\user\Documents>"...........I copied the files and put them in my Document folder and took the "C:\" off my command and VIOLA! I'm back in business! Thanks for the help all the way around!

I'm sure I will need it AGAIN in another hour....lol
Quote:Atmel installed alot of drivers automatically. Not sre exactly which one I need. Also, I tried this cmd line " C:\bossac.exe --port=COM8 -U false -e -w -v -b firmware.bin -R" in cmd and got "SAM-BA operation Failed"

This is as close as I've gotten to cmd giving me anything. Am I missing anything on the cmd? starting to go into deep waters with command lines...

OK this is the command line I used to get it to flash on my windows 7 PC

bossac -p com19 -R -e -w -v -b 3DP01_20140310_FW_V1.1.G_RELEASE.bin

You will obviously have to change com19 to the one you need and the 3dp01 bit to what you are using for a file, but that should do you if you are using windows and the firmware file is also on c:\
I need help, I have two black bars on the LCD screen, I have done the jp1 erase method, have installed what I thought was the correct drivers. Device manager sees the printer as bossa programming port COM8. Arduino IDE recognizes the COM and the board(native usb port), but command prompt gives me no device on COM8. Same thing with Bossa gui, it recognizes it as COM8, but can't connect. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm freaking out, someone please help.
Quote:I need help, I have two black bars on the LCD screen, I have done the jp1 erase method, have installed what I thought was the correct drivers. Device manager sees the printer as bossa programming port COM8. Arduino IDE recognizes the COM and the board(native usb port), but command prompt gives me no device on COM8. Same thing with Bossa gui, it recognizes it as COM8, but can't connect. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm freaking out, someone please help.

I fixed it. Thanks to ThePit and his youtube videos on the subject.
Hi,
I think I have bricked my 3D printer device too... When I was doing a downgrade from 1.2.3 firmware, I accedently connected the JP2 jumper wire and then JP1 connector. Now it just shows black lines. I have installed all the required software(Atmel studio 6.2 and SAM-BA 2.13) and it is not showing as origial COM port or normal COM port. Can anyone please help me find the connection?

do I have to do anything to Atmel studio for connection?

THANK YOU!
Ok I got an update so the device manager recognizes my printer/Atmel processor as a LEGO Device under "lego mindstorms nxt firmware update mode" I've searched this up and found that they use the same port. Does anyone have any idea of changing the port into "Bossa Programming Port"?

thanks!
NVM I UNBRICKED Big GrinDDDD
I just have to update the "LEGO DRIVER" driver and select the driver inf inside C:\Users\xxxxx\arduino-1.5.8\drivers and did the command prompt thing and Magic happens!
Thanks everyone who worked on this blog.
Please you gotta help me, I am a absolute rookie when it comes to software but i am very good at following good instructions!!!

I have read this thread through and through but i just can't figure it out.

Davinci has the two black lines and won't do anything. When i connect the printer via usb cable nothing shows up in device manager so i have no idea what com port its connected to.

I have tried the JP1 bridge, turn on, turn off etc but still nothing is recognised. what am i doing wrong?
if you hear a chime when you plug your USB under window it means your printer is seen, this is the first thing to verify
That checked, may be drivers are missing so it is unknown device and no com associated - you need to install arduino 1.5.8 ide, it should install the missing drivers as the 2 bars on your screen means you arduino is wiped.
Ok so when I plug the printer into the computer it sometimes chimes, if I look in device manager it shows as "gps camera"

I have installed arduino you have mentioned but I have no idea how to use it! Could you please explain what to do from here?

Many thanks for you support and willingness to help!!
Also just out of I interest what does IDE stand for?

Also when you jump jp1, turn machine on and off should there be any noticeable different noises or things that should or should not
happen when you reconnect the printer to the computer?

Sorry to be such a novice in computers but it's all a learning process for me and I'm sure others may find this useful if they are experiencing the same issues Smile
I suggest you to read more forum, all your questions are already answered
about put back you stock FW check https://forum.voltivo.com/showthread.php?tid=8156
if your printer is seen as GPS camera read current thread again - someone has same kind off issue and shared solution just 5 messages ago ....
yeah is the best method.
is impossible to access the processor!!!
so when you try to program it with arduino ide, apparently it gets in debug mode
maybe is a security system... another of xyzware
What you call debug mode ?
Why you want access to the processor ?
Mod: your completely off topic rant is being removed. Maybe for your first post you could introduce yourself and tell us about the problem and maybe we can help.... (Kieth)
good morning
I have read and followed your indication but every attempt I have this error message
Verify failed
Page error: 568
Byte errors: 142707
any ideas ?
thank you! :dry:
I had the same error message on mine and the board was toast. I had to get a new one through warranty replacement.
I'm stuck here. Thought you may be able to steer me in the right direction.

Printer shows up, but doesnt print at all and still has two solid lines on the lcd screen. What do i need to download or upload? Thanks
I bought a board for my 1.0 its the older model one with steppers able to be removed and jumper is JP1. Hooked it up. powered on printer Led light comes on LCD comes on as he flashed it with 0.92 Repeteir firmware. able to scroll through Menus and read SD card all worked but no musical chime from printer when powered on and no chime from windows when powered on like the USB is dead. So i figured i try to erase the Atmel chip maybe the usb would work so i could reflashed it with the firmware i have.. Shorted out JP1. Firmware erased The normal 2 Bars on LCD no LED light. but still nothing from USB port no chime nothing in device manager. could it be the Atmel chip? Also tried to put it in boot loader mode before i erased the chip with Up Down on front panel did say on LCD boot loader but still nothing from usb port.
Hello
I just flashed my Repetier Da Vinci Duo 2.0A with the new motherboard and I have two problems for now!
1 - I have more lighting inside the printer
2 - In the print extruders engines work in reverse, ie unload the filament so that no impression!
Could someone help me?
thanks for your help