Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody has a backup of Firmware 1.1.E
Does anybody has a backup of the printer firmware 1.1.E ?
That version allows me to put "; total_filament = 0" so that the filament counter wont go down.
I don't know how to make a filament counter reset and I don't want to spend money to get a reset-er online
My printer has the 1.1 E running but I'm not sure if I can export it. If it can be done let me know how and I will send it to you.

....Lonnie
Did anyone manage to get a copy of version E?

Please let me know so I can add it to the soft/firmware repository list

Cheers
Access the SD card. The FW_(whatever).DAT is (read: should be) a copy of the firmware on your printer that was installed by the factory or updated with XYZ. The .dat only needs to be renamed to.bin to be uploaded with XYZ.

Kieth
I made a copy of my SD card when I received the printer, before even turning it on.
The only .dat file is "Machine-life.dat" file, but it's only 1kb

and contents are:

But, on the other hand, I did find the calibration piece they use at the DaVinci factory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bpqyli9998tic..._print.zip
Is there a bin file? What other files?

Maybe the dat file I refer to is only saved when you upgrade.? If so, someone with a very early printer will need to help with this method...

Kieth
Here is the full content from the original SD card, unbooted.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxfjruc76b6aow...20Card.zip

(the offline_print.gcode file wasn't there, but I ran a recovery software, and undeleted that file, which means they sent that calibration piece to the printer at factory, and it got deleted)

I had my printer on FW version A untill this morning. Upgraded it to G, because I thought there was no way to grab the firmware off the printer.
Looks like I am wrong and the fw(whatever).dat file is written by xyzware. So unless you update with xyz you wont have it. Maybe there is a way to change the bootloader without erasing the chip. If so it might be able to be read. I dont know if they locked the chip to prevent reads...

Kieth