Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slic3r **IS** under the hood

SO, Doesnt this mean XYZ *MUST* release the source to be legal??

Or am I missing something?

Kieth[Image: xyz_slic3r.jpg]
Form the AGPL:
d) Convey the object code by offering access from a designated place (gratis or for a charge), and offer equivalent access to the Corresponding Source in the same way through the same place at no further charge. You need not require recipients to copy the Corresponding Source along with the object code. If the place to copy the object code is a network server, the Corresponding Source may be on a different server (operated by you or a third party) that supports equivalent copying facilities, provided you maintain clear directions next to the object code saying where to find the Corresponding Source. Regardless of what server hosts the Corresponding Source, you remain obligated to ensure that it is available for as long as needed to satisfy these requirements.

Yes, they should. But somebody got to tell them Wink
Wish me luck. I just asked them.

OT: BTW, Since I published a few things they have not responded to any of my inquiries - included the one regarding the calibration issues in the 1.1.I firmware. Im wondering if they have decided to black list me?? I hope not, because on the couple of hardware issue I had they sent me parts with minimal questions asked... (I had a cover door that was broken, and I had a heating element fail with a broken wire.)

Kieth
BTW, There are several other softwares used. Among them:

Adobe Photoshop
OpenTK
Industrial Light and Magic
Repetier
and others...

This is all based on plain text contained within the xyzware executable.

I also discovered it seems to save STLS that have been built into another directory.

Kieth
Yup it is a custom repietier host with slicer in the background, I thought we covered this already? Yes they have to release the source to slic3r not their front end. As repietier is no longer an open source software they are not obligated to release that.But we already have the source for slicer. We need the front end info. Or am I missing something? It happens I;m not always the brightest bulb in the box.
Yes, some of that was common knowledge, just confirming it.

I could be wrong, but I understand it to mean they have to release their modifications to the slicer. If we can get them to it might provide other clues.

Ill have you the cartridge soon, its 75% out now.

Kieth
I think our only stalling point is the crc checksum. I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination, nut it can be done I am sure.

On the other topic, Thank-you, and print more faster, lol.
It installs heavily modified Slic3r into "\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Temp\out.exe". Fortunately you can recover almost all XYZ python sources from there using a tool like binwalk. They will need to publish all the changes officially to be compliant with the AGPL.
Checking through Process Explorer, I found that when I clicked Print, and it was slicing the model, this was the command used:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Temp\out.exe --bed_size 200,200 --filament_diameter 1.75 --print-center 100,100 --fill_density 0.1 --layer_height 0.1 --perimeters 2 --perimeter_speed 45 --infill_speed 45 --support_material_speed 30 --raft_layers 0 --machine daVinciF10 --nozzle_diameter 0.4 --base64 0 -oxyz C:\ProgramData\XYZprinting Inc.\XYZware\14.4.14.1\composition.3w C:\ProgramData\XYZprinting Inc.\XYZware\14.4.14.1\composition.stl

Maybe these commands can be used somehow to specify "non-standard" things.

These seem interesting:
--filament_diameter 1.75 -> Maybe there are other commands like --filament_temperature?
--base64 0
-oxyz -> Note the single "-"
These are options modified by XYZ. The rest are standard slic3r options.
Code:
my %options = (
        #'help'                  => sub { usage() },
        'verxyz'                    => sub { print "$XYZ::VERSION\n"; exit 0 },
        'dbgxyz'                    => \$opt{debug},
        #'debug'                 => \$XYZ::debug,
        #'gui'                   => \$opt{gui},
        'oxyz|outputxyz=s'       => \$opt{output},
        'savexyz=s'              => \$opt{save},
        'loadxyz=s@'             => \$opt{load},
        'savexyz64=s'            => \$opt{save64},
        'loadxyz64=s@'           => \$opt{load64},
        #'autosave=s'            => \$opt{autosave},
        #'ignore-nonexistent-config' => \$opt{ignore_nonexistent_config},
        #'no-plater'             => \$opt{no_plater},
        #'gui-mode=s'            => \$opt{gui_mode},
        #'datadir=s'             => \$opt{datadir},
        #'export-svg'            => \$opt{export_svg},
        'merge|m'                => \$opt{merge},
    );
I don't know if this is of any use (as I'm not a programmer) but I found these files in:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\par-4d6172637573\cache-041a3f2f3d46d78a56b362e5b5863fab32c53a93\inc\script
while slicing an object: main.pl & xyz.pl

EDIT: Since I can't attach files, here are the pastebins:

http://pastebin.com/QRHtDKB0 - xyz.pl
http://pastebin.com/K9Xnf3iK - main.pl
The Windows XYZ Software is written in dotNet, this means it can be compiled. And Yes, it does use RepetierHost.

I think this is the code that gets the machine number
[code]// RepetierHost.Main
public string extract(string source, string ident)
{
int num = 0;
while (true)
{
num = source.IndexOf(ident, (num == 0) ? num : (num + 1));
if (num < 0)
{
break;
}
if (num