Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to print with 3rd Party Slicer
True enough. Because I use a Mac, I have no problem using the stock XYZ software as an uploader - no need to do base64 encoding. The only hiccup is that file header needs to be manually cut/pasted. Other than that, it's a smooth operation.

- Slice with Slic3r
- Open the gcode file, move the header
- Drag .gcode file into XYZ for Mac
- Hit print.
Dammed if I can find it now, but I found a post from a chap with a link to a web site with an 'idiots guide' to using Slic3r. The name on the site is ' Published by anonymoose471'.

Well Ive got to say it works just perfect, I'm on the J revision of the firm wear.

A couple of things Ive noticed though. At the start, the first layer, it runs the head at 215 and the platform at 95. After that it reverts to the normal 210 and 90. I havnt done the chip thing yet with the cartridge so I dont know if I will be able to set other temps yet. The other thing is the LCD doesnt display printing times anymore, just the temps of the head and platform. Seems to be working great thought B)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/224481273/Usin...aVinci-1-0

Should be it...
What text editor do you use to copy the header over?

Quote:True enough. Because I use a Mac, I have no problem using the stock XYZ software as an uploader - no need to do base64 encoding. The only hiccup is that file header needs to be manually cut/pasted. Other than that, it's a smooth operation.

- Slice with Slic3r
- Hit print.
Got it sorted and really working well now, rockets along now Smile

Quote:True enough. Because I use a Mac, I have no problem using the stock XYZ software as an uploader - no need to do base64 encoding. The only hiccup is that file header needs to be manually cut/pasted. Other than that, it's a smooth operation.

- Slice with Slic3r
- Hit print.
Quote:
Code:
private static void decode() throws Exception {
    }

Hi Bgm,

you posted this nice piece of Java code a while ago. I managed to compile and test it in java and rewrote it in C++ on OS X.

Decrypting my test file does generate a zip file (which is great already), but unzipping it gives me the following errors:
Code:
Archive:  .../Adam_Scheibe.zip
Archive created with ZipKit
warning [../Adam_Scheibe.zip]:  8416 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  8416
  (attempting to re-compensate)
file #1:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  8416

When I move the starting offset around, I occasionally get an inflated file, which seems to be valid GCode at first, but further down inside the code has some major damages.

Do you have an improved version of the above source code? Or any other idea what I can try to make this work? I would love to include 3w files in my geode preview app: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:421279

This is the start of the file:
Code:
3   D   P   F   N   K   G   1   3   W   T   W 001  \0  \t 037
0000020      3100    48d2    c789    8948    ffd8    48d0    358b    0f46
          \0   1 322   H 211 307   H 211 330 377 320   H 213   5   F 017
0000040      001f    894c    48f7    d889    d0ff    8b48    1f35    1f09
         037  \0   L 211 367   H 211 330 377 320   H 213   5 037  \t 037
0000060      3100    48d2    c789    8948    ffd8    48d0    358b    0f1e
          \0   1 322   H 211 307   H 211 330 377 320   H 213   5 036 017

- Slice with Slic3r
- Hit print.
How do you downgrade from 1.0.I to 1.0.G on a Mac? While uploading files I would get a firmware update popup, so I had 1.0.G on the hardrive ready to upload with my laptop offline. but I never got a browser popup so I could upload it. I also tried via help and firmware update but the firmware update button is no longer in an active mode.
I just wanted to say that I have the new davinci 3D Pro 1.0 printer and I found that the procedure written at the beginning of this post still works with the new xyzware for pro software. The only difference is instead using the line "; machine = daVinciF10", put "; machine = daVinciAW10" for this new printer.
I have a DaVinci 1.0 Pro and have make some G-Code in Simplify3D an do Change the beginning of the Code like this:
==================================================
; filename = composition.3w
; machine = daVinciAW10
; material = default
; layer_height = 0.2
; fill_density = 0.10
; shells = 3
; speed = 60
; total_layers = 124
; total_filament = 2116.02
; dimension = 51.23:45.21:24.95
; extruder = 1
G21 ;
M107
M190 S62 ; wait for bed temperature to be reached
M104 S192 ; set temperature
M109 S192 ; wait for temperature to be reached
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
G92 E0
======================================================
after Base64 Encode (with Notepad++) I have read in the File in the Software "XYZware for Pro" and send it to the Printer sucsessfully.

But the Problem is, that the LED is not showing anything (only Wait etc) not Temerature or so on, and I can't abort or stop the Print (but the Printer is Running)

The only Way to stop Printing is to "power Off "the Printer...

Someone else have the same Problem? or is there something missing or Wrong in the G-Code Head I use ???

Best Regards....
I can see that the FW parses out these vars: filename, material, layer_height, total_layers, total_filament, extruder. My guess would be that it needs total_layers or total_filament or both to display the progress information.

The CRC algorithm is easy to obtain from the XYZ Windows app. It's a .NET application so a tool like Redecompiles it into nice C# source code.
The Mac XYZ app I am using has no problems loading and printing unencrypted gcode files.
3d printingin gujarat
Anyone interested in an app to encode / decode gcode to the new .3w file? Threedubber no longer works with the latest version of xyzware