Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duo 2.0A on RAMPS 1.4
Hey all,
I just about finished my 2.0A conversion from crappy XYZ Due board to nicer Mega/RAMPS setup. I just have to wire up the LED strip and re-configure Marlin and RH for the 2nd head and I'm done. I have about a week or so into it with the firmware being the biggest challenge. The end stops are no picnic either but all is well. I bought this printer brand new from Egghead a month ago for 500.00 with free shipping, not bad I guess. After going through the instructions I tried homing the machine and turned my head for just a moment and crash bang was heard with no motion and only fans after that. I restarted and no display or any board activity just fans. I called Customer Service over 2 weeks ago and not a peep. So I just bit the bullet and got a MEGA/RAMPS kit for 40.00 with belts, pinions, stops, software, LCD, boards and hotbed etc. I did some finagling with the cabinet to add a shelf near the AMD cooling fan in front and replaced the bed thermistor with an EPCOS 100K and bingo she works great now. Took me a while to gather up all the proper settings and info to frankenstein it all together but I am now happliy printing PLA all day long and soon with 2 colors. am planning to add a LASER engraver setup and upgrade the bed to MK2. Well worth the upgrade IMHO and open source too!

P.S. I also have a 2up and a Zenbot 2424 CNC router

Cheers!
Mark B[Image: parts1.JPG][Image: parts2.JPG][Image: ramps_shelf.JPG][Image: lcd_coolerfan.JPG][Image: inside_filament.JPG][Image: new_2.0B.JPG]
Hi,
Can you help please? I have recently bought a Da Vinci 2 Duo and want to downgrade the firmware, got most of the info I need but want to confirm which number jumper I short on the motherboard, it is a later board. Once I have this confirmed I am ready to go! However if you have any other tips please let me know! Huh
(02-04-2016, 11:13 AM)Wayne Wrote: Hi,
Can you help please? I have recently bought a Da Vinci 2 Duo and want to downgrade the firmware, got most of the info I need but want to confirm which number jumper I short on the motherboard, it is a later board. Once I have this confirmed I am ready to go! However if you have any other tips please let me know! Huh

Once you flash it with Repetier FW there is no going back to stock firmware so think carefully before flash of any kind. I see on my old Duo 2.0A board that its J37 under the SD card slot. I dont know if the XYZ downgrader works or not as I never got a chance to play with the board is it died before I could ever use it , thats why I gutted and use RAMPS 1.4 now.

Cheers,
MarkB
Thanks Mark, I wish to go backwards to XYZ firmware 2.0J, not Repetier. I want to control temp of extruders and bed. I use Simplify 3.

Once you flash it with Repetier FW there is no going back to stock firmware so think carefully before flash of any kind. I see on my old Duo 2.0A board that its J37 under the SD card slot. I dont know if the XYZ downgrader works or not as I never got a chance to play with the board is it died before I could ever use it , thats why I gutted and use RAMPS 1.4 now.

Cheers,
MarkB
(02-04-2016, 10:27 PM)Wayne Wrote: Thanks Mark, I wish to go backwards to XYZ firmware 2.0J, not Repetier. I want to control temp of extruders and bed. I use Simplify 3.

Cheers,
MarkB

Hi,
I downloaded to 2.0J and everything went smoothly, but I do have a problem. When I turn the printer on (without opening the software) the bed starts heating up and goes to error 0013 which means the bed has reached a critical temperature, can anyone adcise what I should do please?
Barry
(02-06-2016, 06:43 PM)Wayne Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 10:27 PM)Wayne Wrote: Thanks Mark, I wish to go backwards to XYZ firmware 2.0J, not Repetier. I want to control temp of extruders and bed. I use Simplify 3.

Cheers,
MarkB

Hi,
I downloaded to 2.0J and everything went smoothly, but I do have a problem. When I turn the printer on (without opening the software) the bed starts heating up and goes to error 0013 which means the bed has reached a critical temperature, can anyone adcise what I should do please?
Barry
 I ended up replacing the stock thermistor (300K) with a standard EPCOS 100K an set the type to 1 in the firmware.
HTH Wink

I use MArlin firmware now that my machine is Ramps powered, and I love it. It s printing every day 12 hours a day for a week now without even a bed leveling using PLA at 220/50. I ended up removing the bed level probe as I use a feeler gauge and Z offset, its much more familiar to me from the CNC router procedure.

Cheers,
MarkB

Mark, I've just ordered my Arduino & Ramp 1.4 from Amazon.
My davinci 2.0 sits as paper weight now while waiting for parts.  Looking at the currently board, how did you re-wire them to the Ramp? What resource did you use? thanks
Hello, Mark. I'm too interested on how did you re-wire the board for RAMPS 1.4. Could you please provide more info?
Thanks in advance!