Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIO seems bricked after .92 upgrade
Hello everyone! Well I decided I needed to upgrade my firmware so that I can use a E3D hot end for Poloycarbonate filament in which needs up to 260c and higher bed heat than 80-90c. I just wanted versatility for different print models a make. Well I believe I may have bricked my printer but cant be to sure because all the info i have looked into whether it be Youtube, google and here I cant find a solution because just when I think i'm there i find a different file that doesn't contain the right file. I used repetier firmware .92 and arduino 1.69 because it works better on the AIO's. My winrar wants to extract files to \downloads\winzip file instead of just C:\user\my name\program files so its making things complex. 

This is what I have done so far 1-3: .Download and unzip the Repetier.92 software from https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-0.92 and unzip into a working folder
2.Install Arduino 1.6.9 from the old software releases at https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases
3.Start Arduino and change the Board and Port options in 'Tools' (remember to install the DUE using Boards Manager)
4.Copy the variant.cpp file from Repetier to your home directory as below 
5.In Arduino, Open the Repetier.ino file under Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\Repetier and, under the Configuration.h tab, change the DAVINCI and MODEL parameters to match your printer
6.Compile and upload the code
7.IMPORTANT - when finished, use the panel options on the front of the printer to save the code to the EPROM. On the printer's front panel, select Settings - Load Fail-safe

copy the following Repetier file -

Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\AdditionalArduinoFiles\Arduino - 1.6.9 -Due 1.6.8\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x\variant.cpp

to

C:\Users\your user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x\variant.cpp

I cant get past #3 because I'm using win 10 64bit \Appdata\local\  doesn't show up as a destination path. So i just need an alternative there. Bossac is there and com port is good to go! I also have the repetier firmware/repetier.ino in a file on the desktop for ease of use. If someone can chime in and help me organize these files and directories I should be able to get this 1 month old printer back running.
(03-07-2018, 05:50 AM)Markeys1 Wrote: Hello everyone! Well I decided I needed to upgrade my firmware so that I can use a E3D hot end for Poloycarbonate filament in which needs up to 260c and higher bed heat than 80-90c. I just wanted versatility for different print models a make. Well I believe I may have bricked my printer but cant be to sure because all the info i have looked into whether it be Youtube, google and here I cant find a solution because just when I think i'm there i find a different file that doesn't contain the right file. I used repetier firmware .92 and arduino 1.69 because it works better on the AIO's. My winrar wants to extract files to \downloads\winzip file instead of just C:\user\my name\program files so its making things complex. 

This is what I have done so far 1-3: .Download and unzip the Repetier.92 software from https://github.com/luc-github/Repetier-Firmware-0.92 and unzip into a working folder
2.Install Arduino 1.6.9 from the old software releases at https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases
3.Start Arduino and change the Board and Port options in 'Tools' (remember to install the DUE using Boards Manager)
4.Copy the variant.cpp file from Repetier to your home directory as below 
5.In Arduino, Open the Repetier.ino file under Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\Repetier and, under the Configuration.h tab, change the DAVINCI and MODEL parameters to match your printer
6.Compile and upload the code
7.IMPORTANT - when finished, use the panel options on the front of the printer to save the code to the EPROM. On the printer's front panel, select Settings - Load Fail-safe

copy the following Repetier file -

Repetier-Firmware-0.92-master\src\ArduinoDUE\AdditionalArduinoFiles\Arduino - 1.6.9 -Due 1.6.8\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x\variant.cpp

to

C:\Users\your user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.8\variants\arduino_due_x\variant.cpp

I cant get past #3 because I'm using win 10 64bit \Appdata\local\  doesn't show up as a destination path. So i just need an alternative there. Bossac is there and com port is good to go! I also have the repetier firmware/repetier.ino in a file on the desktop for ease of use. If someone can chime in and help me organize these files and directories I should be able to get this 1 month old printer back running.

I havent tried on windows 10. But I suspect you are using wrong version IDE.

Kieth