Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant print small or delicate things
Question 
Why does my da vinci duo move layers while printing small or delicate things? I have dropped the extruder temp down and slown the prints down, but its like its pushing down on the object and moving the layers while it prints, equalling in rubbish small prints. Im using ABS 1.75, 118C bed temp and 213c extruder temp. See the round mess ontop of the stick, well thats suppose tobe a small square and should fit into the object next to it in the square hole, but it doesn't Smile   Thanks

[Image: hx9gna.jpg]
(03-25-2017, 09:35 PM)phil37 Wrote: Why does my da vinci duo move layers while printing small or delicate things? I have dropped the extruder temp down and slown the prints down, but its like its pushing down on the object and moving the layers while it prints, equalling in rubbish small prints. Im using ABS 1.75, 118C bed temp and 213c extruder temp. See the round mess ontop of the stick, well thats suppose tobe a small square and should fit into the object next to it in the square hole, but it doesn't  Smile   Thanks

[Image: hx9gna.jpg]

If you are truly using 118C bed, that is your first problem. I normally use 90c, and maybe 100C on certain prints/other plastics. 118C is just too hot IMO.
2nd thing to check is your bed calibration while everything is heated up to temperature. It looks to me like the calibration is too tight.

Kieth