Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide tube pops out
Da Vinci Jr. 1: we pulled out the guide tube without pushing in the black rubber fixer.  Now every time we try to print the guide tube and the fixer pop out of the extruder bolt.  seems we need a new bolt and fixer or a whole new guide tube with bolt and fixer attached.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Does anyone know if we can get replacement parts of the guide tube mechanism?
Thanks,
Swazzy33
(02-20-2017, 05:17 PM)Swazzy33 Wrote: Da Vinci Jr. 1:  we pulled out the guide tube without pushing in the black rubber fixer.  Now every time we try to print the guide tube and the fixer pop out of the extruder bolt.  seems we need a new bolt and fixer or a whole new guide tube with bolt and fixer attached.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Does anyone know if we can get replacement parts of the guide tube mechanism?
Thanks,
Swazzy33

Without seeing a picture, I think the best bet is to call XYZ. Or post a picture of the part you are referring to and maybe we can tell you where to buy it.

Regards
Kieth
I broke the claws in the pneumatic fitting when I pulled the guide tube out without pressing the rubber fixer.  Now I think I need to replace the pneumatic fitting.  It's hard to figure out the specs to shop online for a replacement.  I left a voicemail with XYZ support but after reading some feedback I'm not confident I'll hear back from them.  Does anyone know the specs?  I think the guide tube is 1/8" and the male thread is 3/16".  Here's a picture of the part I need to replace:    
(02-20-2017, 07:51 PM)Swazzy33 Wrote: I broke the claws in the pneumatic fitting when I pulled the guide tube out without pressing the rubber fixer.  Now I think I need to replace the pneumatic fitting.  It's hard to figure out the specs to shop online for a replacement.  I left a voicemail with XYZ support but after reading some feedback I'm not confident I'll hear back from them.  Does anyone know the specs?  I think the guide tube is 1/8" and the male thread is 3/16".  Here's a picture of the part I need to replace:

Just verify the tubing size, but there are lots of these on Amazon and eBay.JIUWU Pneumatic Air Straight Fitting 4mm thread M6 One touch hose Connector Pack of 10 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WE1A3D2/ref...Qyb3DVZ8ET

Hope this helps
Kieth
That's great, thanks.