Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Layer Alignment Issues
#1
I just changed the factory firmware on my DaVinci 1.0 to Repetier 9.10. The flash seemed to be successful but then I started to have some issues when I started to print. 

The first print did not print centered like I thought it showed in Repetier host. I thought this was an X & Y alignment issue that could be adjusted later so I didn't worry about it. I ended up aborting that print because of bed adhesion issues. For my second print I decided to print something very simple (a 40 mm cube) instead of the more complicated part I tried previously that had lots of supports and islands. I was surprised to see that this appeared perfectly centered on the bed. It laid the perimeter of the first layer perfectly but the infill was shifted by about 2 to 4 mm (+Y direction). The second layer appeared to print perfectly aligned to the perimeter of the first layer. Then for the third layer, the whole layer was shifted. It appeared to be shifted by a perfect 40 mm (-Y direction) so that the layer was adjacent to the last. I of course had to abort it then since this was completely in midair and was starting to stick to the extruder. 

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I have no idea how to proceed.
Reply
#2
(02-05-2017, 04:02 PM)jaucf33 Wrote: I just changed the factory firmware on my DaVinci 1.0 to Repetier 9.10. The flash seemed to be successful but then I started to have some issues when I started to print. 

The first print did not print centered like I thought it showed in Repetier host. I thought this was an X & Y alignment issue that could be adjusted later so I didn't worry about it. I ended up aborting that print because of bed adhesion issues. For my second print I decided to print something very simple (a 40 mm cube) instead of the more complicated part I tried previously that had lots of supports and islands. I was surprised to see that this appeared perfectly centered on the bed. It laid the perimeter of the first layer perfectly but the infill was shifted by about 2 to 4 mm (+Y direction). The second layer appeared to print perfectly aligned to the perimeter of the first layer. Then for the third layer, the whole layer was shifted. It appeared to be shifted by a perfect 40 mm (-Y direction) so that the layer was adjacent to the last. I of course had to abort it then since this was completely in midair and was starting to stick to the extruder. 

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I have no idea how to proceed.

So apparently it wasn't as difficult to assess as I thought, I was just looking for hardware issues in the wrong place. This issue was being caused by belt slipping. I had been focused on the long belt that is more visible. This belt is driven by the back axle which is driven from a smaller belt connected to the motor. The bearing mount at the right side of this back axle was cracked so this little belt wasn't fully tensioned since the axle was dropped slightly. I temporarily made it work by dropping the motor as far as possible. After doing this, I tried the same test print mentioned above and it got about 95% through before the bearing mount fully broke. Up until then, it looked great. The attached picture shows the severely cracked bearing mount after it got 95% through the test print.


Attached Files Image(s)
   
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)